Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome home, little guy!


After a long 9 months, and then an extra week and a day, Joshua finally decided to grace us with his marvelous presences. Oh, how wonderful that was! I had Joshua via Cesarean section on Tuesday. It was scheduled and the anticipation nearly drove me crazy, but the surgery went really well. The recovery has been difficult, but it was major surgery. Being home has been wonderful, and I've enjoyed being an entire family because missing the girls was driving me nuts!
Joshua is amazing and the girls are amazing with him. We all fight over who gets to hold him and I usually win, but nursing does win over "just wanting too". I love being a Mommy and I would never change my life for anything.
School starts next month. Allie goes to preK at the school Zoey went to last year, 2 days a week. Zoey will "go" to school only Thursdays and I will be homeschooling her for Kindergarten. I know that this will be a challenge, but I am glad that we decided because School has already started here and she would NOT get to know her baby brother much at all.
All in all, we are an extremely blessed family and I could NOT ask for more!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

VBAC vs. Repeat C-Section

So, this is what is going on in our house and I'm positive Skye and my Mom and near (if not completely) tired of hearing me worry, fret, and constantly panic about this situation.
Here's the skinny... I had a C-Section with Zoey...big baby, 2 weeks late. I had a VBAC with Allie, average baby, 1 week early. These docs are not really interested in me VBAC-ing, but would rather do a repeat C-Section to "Get it overwith". I personally do not want to just "Get it overwith" by have major surgery. But, this little one had to come out at some point, and I have been given an ultimatum that if he does NOT come out by Tuesday the 10th at 1:45pm they will go in after him, via Repeat C-Section.
Oh how this upsets me. Mostly because I do not feel that I have all the facts to make the correct and informative decision. IF there was a medical reason to "Go in After Him" GO! I will not be someone who insist on MY way while the health and welfare of my child are in jeopardy. But...the longer he's inside, the bigger he goes, and despite my "pot-belly pig" ish figure, I do have a smaller frame and it may possibly be harder for him to come out. I don't know... I am not God.
My request.... please pray that before Tuesday at 1:45pm I go into labor myself, I have a safe, natural, "Free of any cutting" delivery. I do believe in the Power of God and his ability to make miracle happen. I also believe that I don't know all the answers and I may never know why things happen they way they do...so I need to be able to accept whatever happens because God does NOTHING to harm me. I just don't want another c-section.
Thank you!