Monday, December 22, 2008

Just another friendly reminder....

that everyday Satan is getting under my skin!!!! Gosh, it seems like we don't get a break. Blessing are still flowing, but Satan sure does like to get us. It all started Saturday, when we went to the Zoo. It was supposed to be a super fun night, which is was. That is, until the ride home. The 1 hour trip turned in to much longer because the roads were icy. At one point we had someone in the lane next to us spin the car and was heading right AT us. But by the grace of God we were not in any trouble, he somehow gained control and steered away. The wind has kicked up and I feel like we're living in ND again. The actual temperature is in the single digits with negative double digits. BRRRRRRR.... I bought Zoey a new Snow suit for Christmas, and was trying to hold it until then, but had to break down and give her a much warmer coat. She was liking the idea of getting a present EARLY! Silly girl. I've to keep her warm.
Last night, after emboridering for over 2 hours and wrapping presents along side of that, I decided to take a HOT shower and hit the sack. WELL... that didn't happen, actually nothing happened. I turned on the water and nothing... not even a spit of water. FROZEN! The water in the bathroom sink worked, even the HOT water worked, but I don't fit in a sink, so that wasn't going to happen. THEN, there was FROST on my wall by my side of the bed. White, frozen, frost!! Brrr.... This is crazy stuff!
Thank the Lord we have people who will share their showers with us, so we just packed up this morning and came in to Grandpa's to take showers, do some laundry, and hang out!!

No comments: