Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Go figure, right??


I am 29 years old. I am happy, fun, creative, structured, and a bit goofy. I do all kinds of crazy thing with my kids, I am a proud stay at home mom, and dedicated wife and cheerleader to my ever so wonderful husband. But today, I can add to my resume, that I have RA. AKA Rheumatoid Arthritis

Don't want it, would LOVE to pretend that it's not there. But walking like I'm 90 and not being able to lift J out of his crib were two really loud clues that something was terribly wrong. So the diagnosis came, along with a few tears, and questions. How on earth am I going to be able to take care of my sweet babes when I can't button their pants or tie shoes or do their hair without extreme pain?? Guess God's just going to have to relieve himself a little more to me in the extremely near future.

Funny, I guess I had signs all along that something wasn't right. There are definitely ways of "coping" with the issue and ways to "help" it not progress quickly. I go back to the specialist in the middle of the month to get a "plan".

How do you take a "gift" like this that was given to you, and smile?? Good drugs always seem to help...but that's the last thing I want to do, is be on drugs the rest of my life. So...I'm off. Off to find the best way for me to beat this, the best way for me to function as a whole, and the best way for me to have 100% quality of life with holding my babies and helping them and teaching them...because they were gifts and I am NOT laying down and missing a day!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh Hannah, that will be a challenge. But I will pray that God will heal you and guide you along the way so you can hold those darling babes!

Cyndy said...

You can do it! I know several people with RA who live very full lives! My one friend was diagnosed in middle school, we were roommates in college. I pray you come with with a great plan for you!

Ruthie said...

I love you!!

SchultzMomma said...

You go girl! You are so strong, and a great momma. I know you will find a way to live life to the fullest with your new "gift". You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello said...

You can do it, Hannah. He's with you.

A side note, you might want to consult a naturopathic doctor if you don't want to start taking medicine, they may have alternatives for you.