Skye and I have been going to a new church in town. LifePointMountVernon.com is the website, I think. The pastor there, his family is long time friends so going seemed to click. The last three weeks he's been doing a sermon called "Man Up" specifically focusing on men in general. But I've been getting a lot out of the sermons. The 2nd week one sentence stood out to me and I've been stewing over and over it.
"Fathers, it's not enough that your children know you love them, they need to believe it."
That is really powerful. But, take out fathers and children. Just simply put in people.
"People, it's not enough that people know you love them, they need to believe it."
That's revolutionary. How many times do you just ramble as your getting off the phone....ok, love you, bye! But do you really mean that. I know it's become so routine to say I said it to our realtor TWICE! But not only speaking the words but our actions? Do our actions SHOW that we love someone?
Do we talk about them behind their back?
Do we shun them when we disagree with them?
Do we lie straight to their face?
Seems honesty and real are qualities hard to come by nowadays. I want to be a real person. Constant in who I am so others know...welp, that Hannah! I want to be real, but full of love. I want to speak truth even when it's the unpopular vote.
Wouldn't it be revolutionary if we were all real with our "I love you"'s? To never doubt...to never fear or wonder...but know!
Stew on it for a bit. Do those you LOVE believe it????
No comments:
Post a Comment