Sunday, June 29, 2014

#5!

Well this is number five! I have to admit that I never saw myself being a survivor of five deployments. I feel as though on one hand they get easier each time, and on the other hand they get much harder. I think the worst part of it all is the overwhelming sense that I am alone although I know people would come and help at any point, it's not my husband! For he has created a secure life for me. He is so dependable and responsible and trustworthy that I never worry about anything because he can always take care of it.
Just like today I had a flat tire, and what am I supposed to do? I have the hands of an 80-year-old and cannot change a tire by myself. I thank God that it didn't happen on the side of the road, but yet in a place where I have my brother-in-law who can completely fix it for me all I owe his is a lunch. I guess that's the silver lining, the glass half-full view I have to take in order to make it through these next months. I don't know about anybody else but I am madly in love with my husband. He is my best friend and the only person I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I miss him dearly and it's only been a little while. If you think about it say a prayer for him, because I have no idea how he does this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are both lifted high in prayer.