Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A window into Skye's mind...

This doesn't happen often, so please just listen to his thoughts.

I can’t believe our country...
Category: News and Politics

I'm dumbfounded.... I spent 6 years of my life defending the rights and freedoms of those in our great country. I join my grandfathers, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends in having the great pleasure of being classified as a veteran. While most of the country enjoyed their morning lattes, afternoon golf scrambles, and weekend getaways, we were blanketed by the sounds of jet engines, gunfire, and rolling tanks. We gave up our freedoms to uphold the Constitution, to protect the lives of the innocent, and to defend our country against ALL enemies... foreign or domestic. This is why I am sickened. I'm disappointed. And most of all, I'm saddened. Somehow the views and morals of this country have swayed to support a man that contradicts everything that my fellow veterans and I have given up so much to provide. Apparently terrorists, raging dictators, and lunatic radicals prove to be the essential associations for our United States President. Apparently, the U.S. Flag is now just a piece of fabric that needs no special treatment. I guess the lives that have been lost, that have been graciously given to support all that the "stars and stripes" stands for, have now been in vain. I, for one, will stand with my brothers and sisters in arms and salute the flag of the United States. I will stand as a defender of freedom. A Commander in Chief that accepts anything less, takes away from the greatest sacrifice that so many have made. The most despicable part is that these radical, hateful acts are made possible by those that swear to protect the right to do so. Those veterans... we veterans... bleed red, white, and blue. May God protect our country in this time of uncertainty!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Skye,
I thank you for your service and your beliefs. I thank you, that by you serving in the military, I now have a better appreciation for my country and what "freedom" is all about. What a precious thing it is.
I'm also thankful that we have a merciful God and One who never turns His head and "things just happen". God is still in control.
Thanks for sharing your mind and especially your heart!
I'm with you on this and God Bless America!!