Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anything New??

Nope, nada, nothing!! ;)

We thought we were going to miss berry season in Ohio, because our plan wasn't to come until the beginning of July!! But, Skye changed things up and we're coming home NEXT week! Do you know how exciting this is to ME!??
Ok, near daily I could drink a strawberry smoothie from Panera bread. Because of my fetish, my wonderful ( and I do mean that) husband has concocted a very similar (but very healthy) recipe for a homemade one! This includes FRESH berries. I HAVE NONE in MD! So... I will be going to the UPick farm and getting about 40 quarts of berries like I did last year to fill me up for the year. After strawberry season is WILD BLACK RASPBERRIES on the bushes out at the farm. They have NEVER been touched by anything so they are TOTALLY 100% organic and the girls LOVE THEM! So, we will be very berry by the end of next week. THANK YOU, SKYE!!! (he's my hero in SO many ways)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Our "mountain" as the kids call it at the back of our yard is riddled with strawberries (which I am not sure will actually grow well since it's so shaded) and blackberry bushes! I am SO excited to get picking once they all are at their peak of ripeness! Sounds like you guys will be having a FUN trip!