Thursday, April 25, 2013

No blood, No sweat...just tears!

Well today was the 1st day of tears...not for any reason other than pure exhaustion and the reality of the mountain we're climbing is starting to really settle in. We've been in transition for almost 4 months and it's like a new wave of transition is setting in. It's hard work building a house mostly by yourselves. Skye's been on the excavator for the last 2 1/2 day and I've been in the hole, in the rain, and wind, and mud. I know he would have totally switched places with me if I was capable of running that huge piece of equipment.
He finished digging the basement and footers today. All that is left is gravel but it's so wet and muddy he's going to let the sun dry it up, hopefully, in the next few days. No more rain!!!
J has been a wonderful little guy all day. He was mostly stuck in the excavator with Skye all day, but at one point we got out and we were just watching Skye so I snapped this shot. He's such a sweetheart...we are blessed! Hope there never comes a time when we don't stop and realize the blessings we have!!


No comments: