Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayer Requests

When I take a look at my life now, and see my two beautiful girls and my wonderful husband who I adore I can't help but feel totally overwhelmed and blessed. God is soooo good. He has blessed me with huge gifts. In the hard times of these last 10 months, I have learned One thing that is astounding.
Be thankful for all you have because someone always has it worse.
I am not the kind of person who tries to "One Up" anyone on worse things in life. I've had wonderful things happen to me in life and it's all about perspective. You can see things one way at one point, become bitter and angry and never come out of it. OR, you can deal with the feelings and find the blessing and grab a hold of it and never let go. I am choosing to do this in my life.

I have a friend who has 3 little girls. The youngest, Emma has kidney cancer. A large tumor was removed and she has had chemo and radiation. She's lost all her hair and has been very sick. Emma's daddy is a cop in the AF and has deployed 2 times to Iraq. Alicia, Emma's mommy is now pregnant with number 4, a boy. They just found out that he has something wrong with his kidneys. Please pray for this family. Lord knows how much they need it.

Another friend's sister just passed away.

Our pastor from Texas has felt a calling to leave our church in TX and move to Nashville. In two weeks they are done with TX and they haven't gotten a nibble on their house. Pray for them.

Another friend just had a baby (1month old) and they are moving from TX to AZ. Pray for their travel/move/and adjustment.

Everyone had different walks, and even if they are similar to another's, they are different. People are different and react to situations differently. Let's be Jesus to people. Read these words to an older Casting Crowns song.

"Stained Glass Masquerade"

Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin' so small

Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they'll soon discover
That I don't belong

So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Is there anyone who's been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage

The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart

But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be

Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay

No comments: